Soprema is an international company specializing in the manufacturing of modified bitumen membranes. Soprema’s product line includes roofing, waterproofing and air/vapour barriers. Present in over 90 countries worldwide, SOPREMA offers an exclusive sealing technology, designed with an extraordinary experience of over 100 years of innovation. We are currently looking for a Technical Sales Representative!
If you are a responsible person with a large autonomy, reliable, proactive, diligent, and you have leadership, you are the person we are looking for!
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the promotion, specification of Soprema products and systems to clients with the assigned territory. Also responsible for maintaining existing clients and the development of new clients for growth in the assigned territory. The prime market areas included industrial, commercial and institutional construction segments. Clients included owners, corporate and property management accounts, architects, engineers, consultants, applicator/contractors and distributors.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Coordinate the efforts of the sales force and the relationship with our distributors, professionals;
- Develop plans for the local market for appropriate coverage of the customer types in order to effectively promote Soprema products;
- Arrange meetings, demonstrations or seminars that highlight Soprema products using events such as “Architectural Lunch & Learns” and Symposiums;
- Participate in industry trade shows, and industry association meetings and events;
- Analyze market issues and trends and make recommendations to the Regional Manager to adjust pricing, technical recommendations as required to obtain market, while maintaining long-term strategies;
- Communicate, liaise and maintain a positive presence with industry professionals, including contractors, architects, engineers, consultants, specification writers and owners;
- Communicate and liaise with all head office departments providing a transfer of market information, market requirements and technical concerns keeping the Regional Manager informed;
- May require additional functions as required by Regional Managers.
- Education in Building or Materials engineering or in Architecture.
- Continued Education in sales training or industry related disciplines
Knowledge and Competences
- Bilingual (an asset);
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the construction and industry related markets in the assigned region;
- 3 to 5 Years sales experience in the construction market or another similar market;
- A working knowledge of the Building Envelope including Roofing, Waterproofing and Air Barrier Markets;
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications and draw simple construction details;
- Executive level presentation, selling and negotiating skills;
- Excellent listening and questioning skills;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Excellent time management.
Skills and attitudes
- Integrity and respect;
- Organizational Ability;
- Strategic Ability;
- Customer Focus.
- The Technical Sales Representative can expect some after-hours meetings and weekend activities as required to accomplish is duties;
- Daily work schedule can vary depending on circumstance;
- The Technical Sales Representative can expect to travel to outside areas of the local market within their territory or region and potentially in the United States as required. Must have valid drivers license and Canadian Passport
- Excellent physical condition required.
- Regularly visits job site, climbing stairs and / or ladders to access roofs or below grade situations.
- Must be comfortable with heights as well as working on construction sites.
- May actually require doing small demonstrations of product usage at job sites, symposiums or trade shows. This may require the use of specialized tools.
If you are a responsible person with a great autonomy, reliable, proactive, assiduous and if you have leadership, you are the person we are looking for!
Send your application to the Human Resources Department.
Human Ressources Department
1675, Haggerty, Drummondville (Quebec), J2C 5P7
Fax : 819-478-8049 , firstname.lastname@example.org