HOW PERMEABLE ARE VAPOUR-PERMEABLE AIR BARRIERS?
Did you know that a highly permeable air barrier can increase the risk of condensation in an outer wall assembly?
With this white paper, presented by our standards and scientific affairs specialists at RCI in March 2016, you will:
- Better understand permeance
- Critically examine the discussions around PERMs
- Choose the right vapour-permeable air barriers for your future projects
HOW TO CHOOSE A PERMEABLE AIR BARRIER?
Several criteria must be considered when selecting an air barrier. In addition to the above-mentioned criteria, other factors must also be taken into account, including:
- Insulation present in the cavity
- Insulation present outside of the envelope
- Water storage capacity of the sheathing
SOPRASEAL STICK VP
An Innovative but Proven Vapour-Permeable Air Barrier
SOPRASEAL STICK VP is a self-adhesive vapour-permeable air-barrier membrane used in wall construction. It can also be used as an interwall and a transition membrane.
SOPRASEAL STICK VP stands out
- Adheres better than the competition’s products
- Requires no primer
- Withstands up to 180 days of UV exposure
- Ensures continuous waterproofing thanks to its self-sealing membrane